To say that Trump’s victory was unpredictable is a complete lie. It was almost a certain event with calculable outcomes, no matter what academicians, market professionals and media had been writing or saying. From day one, I had bet on Trump whilst my colleagues and friends were sure of Clinton win. Almost every one of them feared the Black Swan and I cheered the White Swan. The day the election result came out, I reached office a little late. The moment I entered my work area, a colleague stood up and said , “congrats, you won.” There was a knee-jerk reaction in the capital markets globally, but very soon all indices recovered and started trading in green.
Messages get distorted in the transmission process. We typically remember 10% of what we hear, 35% of what we see and 65% of what we see and hear. And there was huge distortion of messages by the intellectuals, markets people, and liberal groups in order to feed and superimpose their own beliefs and fear on the common American people. The same was done during Lok Sabha election in our country also, and the outcome was also similar.
Frankly, I never wanted a “peaceful India” by bowing down to the blackmailing tactics of Islamic fundamentalists in India and abroad, the persistent threat of terrorism and the hysteria created by secular parties, intellectuals and media and the liberals. This had to stop and this has to end now. I was just not bothered about market crash or riots or any civil unrest. The objective was to restore the balance which liberals and the so called secular brigade had hugely distorted for their vote bank politics.
I believe, those who voted for Trump also had similar objective, if not same. Hillary got thumping support from Islamic nations and I think that was the trigger point. Americans couldn’t sell their self-respect for hollow peace, neither they wanted Hillary just because she is a woman. Intellectuals failed to see the undercurrent. Market participants were only interested in preventing another crash. Presidentship is not a ramp show, it’s a huge responsibility for the incumbent to protect its people and their dignity first, rest all is secondary.
Long live India, Long live America !
No comments:
Post a Comment